Welcome to Peterson Middle School, Home of the Pirates!
At Peterson, the safety, success and wellbeing of our students is the priority of our staff. Our team collaborates to ensure that every student at Peterson has the ability to succeed at the middle school level and beyond.
Peterson Middle School Mission & Vision Statements
Mission: Peterson Middle School is dedicated to academic excellence and fostering the personal, social and physical development of each student in an environment that promotes a sense of belonging and moral responsibility.
Vision: All Peterson students will exit middle school with a positive self-image, have respect for others, be able to communicate effectively, think critically and appreciate cultural diversity.
SCUSD District Priorities (2021 - 2023)
- We use data to improve adult practice and student outcomes;
- We focus on students furthest from opportunity to close gaps;
- We create high-performing systems and teams.
Peterson Site Goals
- Where are we going as a school?
- Build a system of support for all Peterson students - (MTSS Tier 1 Focus), focusing specifically on Tier 1 Academic Support (research based EL Routines) for all students
- Where do we start?
- Focus on our students furthest from opportunity to improve outcomes for every student (ELD/Data Focus)
- What is our change strategy (Peterson)?
- Build and strengthen collaboration site wide focused on data and improving outcomes for students (Collaboration Focus) as well as implement research based EL routines at Peterson site wide
At Peterson, we follow the Pirate Code. The Pirate Code of RRRS reminds our school community to be:
- Respectful and
- Please review these slideshows for more information (English / Spanish).